Friday 17 February 2012

Blog 21 February 17 2012

Blog 21 February 17 2012

Forward Moving! Part 2

Well it is over! The interview ended about an hour ago. The trainer left the house around 3pm, he arrived at 11am. I have to tell you we both had a lot of questions. He got to see how much we care about the dogs, Jags and how much love we had for him. He also got a good feeling that any guide dog that came to the house would have no doubt a caring and loving home. He was shocked at the amount of traveling and walking that I do and the different environments I am in. I told him how Jags and I would go out for a day to University, or to conferences, or go and talk at a school, he was surprised. At the end of all the talking we went for a walk.
I have say this that if it were not for one of my best friends taking the time with me to help me prepare for today I would probably not have been as successful as it was.
I explained every intersection in our area asked which one he would like me to cross at. He was surprised that I knew each one and how they worked. My friend and I spent  a couple of hours yesterday afternoon figuring out routes, my friend time all the lights at each intersection. We went over traffic flow at each intersection. If it was not to all that preparation the test walk would not have gone as well as it did. I could not have asked for a better test walk! The evaluator was happy with my line, he was happy with my traffic understanding and he was really happy with my handling skills.

All in all it went very well!  

Now we wait to hear from the school to see if I was accepted, and if I was, it will be just a matter of time to go for training and getting a new dog.

But for now it is time to put my feet up and have a coffee!




No comments:

Post a Comment