Monday 9 April 2012

Crazy

Blog 23 April 9, 2012
Crazy Three Weeks!

Wow it has been so crazy! I found out on March 15 that I was going into training for a new guide dog, when I hung the phone I did not realize how little time that was!
I woke the next morning (I really did not sleep much the night before), I looked at the calendar and realized that I did not have much time to get everything done.
I needed to speak with my Professors, about final papers! I needed to make arrangements for meds. I needed to see doctors before I left. In all that I also needed to remember that Easter was coming and to make time to partake in the services. I also had to pack clothes and make sure I have everything in regards to medication.
So here is how it broke down, first I could not think about a new dog because I would not focuses on my school work. In three weeks I did one final exam, three papers the last one finished on Saturday night. I went to three doctor’s appointments brought back library books.
Only after when my paper was submitted on Sunday night was I able to think about the new dog and I can tell you that I am really excited.
The last day before I leave I am washing clothes packing and going over my list again to ensure that I have everything I need.

In reality, I have been over this plan in my head probably about 1 billion times! No matter how hard I tried not to think about what kind of dog they will give me, or the name of the dog it was almost impossible!
I felt like a father waiting for their child to be born, loving that child before you have ever seen the child, but for me I won’t really see the dog but I love it anyways!  

The next month will be one of the biggest months. Although they have found a suitable match for me it will take a lot of love and work to bond and that forms the bases to making a good team.
On my partners side it will depend on how well the dog responds and bonds to me.   

If we make it through training! The second part is lots of love and more bonding and patients and hard work.

Then the rest comes with time and patients and more love.     

 As we use to say! IT’S GO TIME!
 The next blog will be from Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment