Saturday 22 November 2014

Blog 1 Starting New


November 22 2014

 

Blog 1 Turn of the Page

 

It has been a long journey to say the least! For those of you who have been counting this should be Blog 37 but I really feel Blog 1 is more fitting.

It has been 8 months since my Heart-attack and quite frankly I am still  processing it. I keep replaying it over in my mind we kind of figured when it happened but if I had not gone to the hospital for complaining of  a gastro I would have never have known that I had a heart-attack!

As the doctor questioned me about felling the severe pain I asked him where I should have felt this pain as he told me the different place I might of felt the pain. I asked the doctor if he realized what I have been in my life and mainly over the last 10 years. I then explained that every day of my life I have pain some days worse than others why would pay more attention to this time since I did not have any pain in my chest? He had no answers, my question to him was has this been a buildup or was this was sudden? He had no answer. I then asked why nobody picked it up? He no answer! The signs wear there but every time I said something to my doctor she told me it must be my diet.   So with that said the doctor new that people dropped the ball that’s how I ended up with the head of the cardiology department as my doctor!

I have to tell you it was probably one the funniest or strangest ways it all took place. We had just finished moving on the Saturday and I was quite sick. On Sunday the day of St-Patrick’s day   parade when the hospitals are the busiest and did mention that every year for the last five years I have been at the hospital on St-Patrick’s day. 

We called my friend to see if  he would take Lucky while I went to the hospital and I have to tell it was the same friend that ran our move and it was not easy but another story. He took Lucky  and off we went. When we got there they took me right away poor Arlene was falling asleep in her chair. The doctor told me I would have to go for chest x-ray. He told Arlene to go home I would most probably be there until 6am then she could come and get me. She went very reluctantly but I told it was good and she should check on the little guy. Of course when she left she took my phone.

About 2hrs late they took me for a chest x-ray when they were bringing back to ER they took me right to the cardiac department and did an ecc. The doctor then I told me that I had a heart-attack and I needed to get registered and I needed to sign some papers because I need surgery. He then asked me if I was ok I said yes he ask me if I was scared I said No. I told him I am still processing I had a heart-attack..

The funny part I tried calling Arlene her phone was off she forgot turn it on when she left the hospital she was so tried. I could not call home since the phone would not be connected until Monday we just moved.

I called the only phone number I knew you guessed it my friend Steve  who was minding Lucky the same guy who organized and coordinated our 10 hour move did I mention that it was 1:30 in the morning. I got him on the phone told what was happening and I need to Arlene to come and register me. Without question he got dressed got Lucky went over to the house and got Arlene to come back to the hospital. I have to tell you after all that I thought he would not want to speak with me for a while. lol    

When Arlene got the hospital she went to the ER they told I was discharged she just about freaked out, they told I was on the 4th floor Catheter floor.

She spoke with nurses and she start filling out the papers she heard me talking with the doctors and they telling me how well I did and we were joking she could not understand why they congratulating me it was only a chest x-ray.

The doctor came out of the room and talked with her she could not believe it you could have knocked her over with a feather.

The reason we were laughing was I feel asleep while they were putting the shunts in my arm. I start to snore while I was on the table the doctor thought I was having trouble breathing. He has never had any one fall a sleep before.

Like I said it has been a long 8 months with up and downs I am finally starting to come around. I had more appointments than I know what to do with.

The doctor was quite happy that I had a service dog because having to work with Lucky was the ideal way to get out exercise. He said that people with dogs recover better because they have a reason to go out. I told him he should try with a guide dog.

I said with Lucky its like strapping yourself to a 90lbs bullet.

I got see Chris’s grad I was here for the kids birthdays and every day is a gift, although some times it does not feel like it.

As we come into the Christmas I am just happy to still be here.

 

I should post again before the holidays and in those immortal words.

 

Keep you stuck on the ice.

 

John & Lucky

I started a private Youtube page check it out I have some good video.

As I start feeling better I will add more video and photos  

 http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXzocjt3GkZM1SgNZhnLq-w?feature=watch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment