Monday 5 September 2011

Blog 11 September 5, 2011

Starting out!

Well it’s that time! It’s time to start back to University tomorrow and, I for the first time in 5years will be heading out on my own.
I have been feeling a lot of stress and anxiety about this day, not that I am afraid to travel without a dog or to walk around Montreal with a cane. I think what I will miss the most is that companionship.
It was nice to walk with someone even if that someone was a guide. If I felt lonely and needed to talk I could say words of encouragement to Jag’s like good job when we crossed the street, or just when we would walk he would guide so good that I would say good job all the time.
These simple words that I would say to him would boost his confidence and give him encouragement at the same time it would also encourage me as well. Those simple words; Good Job was enough for both of us to encourage each other.
It will be hard when I get off the bus in Montreal the first stop we would make is the park outside of the bus terminal. Jag’s new exactly where his spot was, rain, snow, hot or cold it was exactly the same spot, when we were finished class we would stop at the same park he knew that’s where he got his treat and water and a good scratch for doing a good job.  
No going to class is not hard doing it without Jagger will be the hardest, partly because of the mobility but mainly I won’t have my friend with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment